Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Digital Collage: Duo

Duo, digital collage

Duo

Duo pays homage to my musical sisters who delight me with their tunes, laughter and joy. I am fortunate enough to be a party to and friends of many talented women in the Wichita, Kansas area.

I collect images, particularly vintage images. If they are musical, all the better. This piece showcases a rare vintage scene - one depicting action. Common photos of the time are rigidly posed, as most cameras had long exposures and the subject had to sit still for a long time.

The subjects are given wings of blue, then surrounded with florals. I cut, paste, multiply and repeat the flower elements until I am happy with my garden. To use an image several times, I vary the size and direction of it. This helps make it look more natural all together.

My fairies are then painted with a digital airbrush to bring them to life with color. The remainder of the collage is airbrushed, including the starlit background.






1 comment:

Dee Dunlap VanBoening said...

Duo is one of my favorites, I can't remember but I think you posted it on FB some time back. I love it!